How many persons are there in God?
There are three persons in one God: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
“There is none like you among the gods, O Lord, nor are there any works like yours. All the nations you have made shall come and worship before you, O Lord, “The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirt be with you all.
2 Corinthians 13:14
Outline for lesson 3
- Open in prayer. Review last weeks question and answer.
- Activity: Before activity write God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit. For each of these three descriptions of God cut each of them like a puzzle and put into three separate envelopes.Explain that today we are going to learn a very difficult concept about God. Ask them to listen carefully but reassure them that they might not understand it all. Give each puzzle to the children to put together. After putting the descriptions of God together read them aloud. Then introduce today’s question and answer. Introduce them to the concept of one God and three persons- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Game: read the following T/F statements aloud. If the statement is True, the children run to the right side of the room. If it’s false, they run to the left side.
- The word trinity is found in the Bible. (F)
- There is one God. (T)
- The Father is fully God.(T)
- God has always existed as three persons. (T)
- God the Son only came into existence when Mary became pregnant. (F)
- The Son is not the Father. (T)
- The persons of the Trinity each have distinct roles.(T)
- God the Father died on the cross for our sin. (F)
- Read 2 Corinthians 13:5-14. Ask them if they can find the three persons of the trinity in these verses. Then ask what are some of the unique roles about the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Jesus-God the Son displays God’s grace in life and death.Grace is kindness shown to someone who doesn’t deserve it. Paul describes the love of God the Father. We are brought into a relationship with him through Jesus.The Holy Spirit brings sinners into friendship with God and friendship with one another. Grace, Love and friendships are the result of being in a relationship with God. God exists in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- Finish the teaching time by helping children memorize question 3, answer and verse.
Extra Activity:Trinity Diagram
Fill in blanks, God is the center circle. Write, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit on the other circles. Color and explain the diagram.